View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 8:37 AM
Banned

Thanks for your son's service. Former Marine here myself.

The Morongo range is not the closest. It is about 30 miles from Base. The closest range to Base is the 29 Palms Pistol and Rilfe Club. It is east of town on Hwy62. Turn onto the road for the County Dump and when you get to the dump gate the Club's entrance is to the right.

There needs to be at least one Club member in your party to shoot at the range as the gate is locked (changed yearly) and only members get keys.

If you don't know a member you might be able to get someone already at the range to sponser you and the day use fee for that is $5 per person. But you would have to leave whenever the last member present wanted to lock up.

I am out there MOST Saturday mornings from about 0700 - 1000 and would let you shoot upon payment of the $5. Look for the red/black F350 extended cab and a guy that looks like Santa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4E Phantom View Post
Steve, my son is a grunt at 29 Palms. I go down from here in the SF Bay Area from time to time. My question is, only members can shoot at this range. Nearest range near the base is in Morongo? but that range only goes to 200 gong if I remember correctly. Thanks

Last edited by Steve_In_29; 04-23-2013 at 2:46 PM..