View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 10:34 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiknefer View Post
Is this an equivalent end mill?

http://www.mscdirect.com/product/09653577

I ordered the recommended tools from McMaster.com, selected "ground shipping," and entered my PO box address. They shipped the order UPS and disaster ensued. Now the end mill from McMaster.com is back-ordered for two weeks.

Due to the lengthy back-order from McMaster.com I'm guessing there may be others who will also benefit from an alternative source for the end mill.
Just get the Long Life TiN for extra $4.00. Those are readily in stock. Mine was also on backordered, I just called them and have them switched it to part
#8923A571. TiN-Coated Carbide End Mill, 1/4" Mill Diameter, 1/4" Shank Diameter, 4" Overall L, 3 Flute. whats surprising is that they are based in Southern California. I ordered my drill bits and mill and received it the same day 3 hours later.

Still waiting on the jig kit from 80%arms. They told me it should ship this week. I'm anxious to get my lower done. Been reading the updated Manual so get a head start on understanding how to mill out this lower. Seems pretty straight forward if you follow directions.

Last edited by Checkk; 01-13-2014 at 10:53 AM..