View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 3:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
All in good fun.
Yep, I got a laugh out of it!

I've been on the net ever since Usenet was primarily UUCP-driven point-to-point distribution, and participated in my share of flamewars, so it's nigh unto impossible to upset me online. Usenet was very good for building a tough hide.

Quote:
I am not confident we will win Nordyke outright here. It is surely possible that we lose here but get a good result on scrutiny. This would be relatively in line with their last analysis. BUT Chester has been decided in the interim which does give some hope for a complete victory.
Frankly, if we get the results we want on scrutiny but a loss on the ruling itself, then it should make the appeal that much easier to win, so a win on scrutiny but a "loss" on the main ruling won't actually be much of a loss in my opinion (wow, can you believe I'm actually saying something "optimistic" here? )...
The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. You break your oath to uphold the Constitution if you don't refuse to enforce unadjudicated laws you believe are Unconstitutional.

The real world laughs at optimism. And here's why.

Last edited by kcbrown; 02-25-2011 at 3:16 PM..