View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalman View Post
There is a lot of discussion here regarding bug out bags, much of it very good. As this IS a California based forum, I think it is wise to consider the Get Home Bag as an essential.

Many Californians work 25 miles or more from home. When the BIG ONE hits, do you think you can drive home? Have you counted the number of bridges you drive on in your commute. How many underpasses? Do you always have enough gas in your tank to make it home when you arrive at work, or do you sometimes have to gt gas on the way home? When San Andreas moves big time there may not be electricity to run the gas pumps for several days.

You should have a bag that contains some basic protection against the elements, food, water, basic first aid, walking shoes and other essential items in your car at all times.

I work 43 miles from my home, by freeway miles. If I can not drive, I am prepared to make the trek home, even though it will take a second day to make it.

How about sharing what items you believe essential to make it home from work when California has the big Rocker?

Nice.... I'm not the only one that thinks this way.

I work 60miles away from home (San Clemente - Temecula). I figured it would take me two days to walk home if all major freeways are shut down after a major earthquake.

I keep a bag in each one of my cars just for such scenario... for me or my wife.

Contents:

-Blackhawk 3 day patrol bag
-First aid kit w/quickclot
-2 qt. Hydration system
-Aquafina water purifiying bottle
-Stetno stove kit with fuel
-Emergency candle 24hr
-Head lanp flashlight
-Hand held led flashlight
-100ft of 550 cord
-SOG Tomahawk
-Pocket Knike