View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
This is pretty much what i meant. There "special" searches are limited to F&G stuff only. If they went and searched a vehicle for no reason that would be against the law. They need to have reasonable PC that the people were in fact hunting or fishing or going to and from.

If their probable cause to search showed no signs of fishing or hunting and something else was found that was illegal, i suspect the evidence would probably not be admissable in court due to an illegal search and seizure.
Its my understanding that if they so much as look thru the window and see a single fish hook they are authorized to search the vehicle. Game wardens have broader authority to search due to the fact that they work in isolated areas and often work alone (if that makes any sense to you, then you're brighter than I). There have been instances where regular law enforcement could not search but they called in the game wardens and they were authorized to do so. Its a dirty deal but then again, this if the PRC.