View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 6:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_1 View Post
So, let's say I live in an unincorporated part of the county, but am attending Cal Poly. I want to get an 07 FFL so I can build CA legal AKs for sale. How good are my chances if I give some reason like, "I manufacture semi auto rifles on a small scale which may make me a target of criminal activity. I want to make sure these guns don't fall into the wrong hands."?
I’m not sure if your goal is to have a small business (FFL related) or get a CCW in SLO County. It’s not hard to obtain a CCW here, but you must have a legitimate “good cause” in mind. If you’re serious about the FFL business, I would first check to see if the zoning is correct in your neighborhood, by contacting your local government's agencies (such as the county's business office or department of commerce) in order to find out exact regulations for your type of business dealing. Opening this type of business 100 yards from a school zone would be a definite no-no. Picking the minds of your neighbors would be time well spent; if they object to firearms, they could cause you hours of agony in the county offices. Requirements for applying for the FFL do not vary from state to state, as the licenses are governed by a federal organization, but regulations (county or state) for using your FFL will vary greatly. If you’re successful in getting the business off the ground, the CCW may follow closely behind. Hypothetically using a business plan to obtain your CCW is wasted time. It won’t fly. Business idea sounds great though; good luck.
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
-- George Washington

NRA & CRPA Life Member