View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 8:05 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Default Introduction of Primary Arms 4-14FFP ACSS .308/.223 HUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunborder View Post
I didn't say that it WAS easier in the end, I'm saying that they FIND it easier. If you don't have a military/LE trainer teaching it to you, it's a lot less psychologically intimidating to deal with "1 MOA = 1 inch," since most folks in the US can psychologically grasp what 1 inch is, but a mil is "some weird number involving math I don't want to think about." Is that rational? Probably not. Is that how a bunch of folks think? Absolutely. Do they spend money too? You better believe it.

Getting an exact BDC for each mil is the same as getting an exact BDC for each MOA or each hash mark ANYWHERE on a reticle. Nikon has software that does this online, for example. I'll give you that Mils are less rotations, and for combat/practical shooting, that's a plus.

Personally, if I was going to learn it all over again, I would probably learn mils. The problem is that I am now set in my ways, and don't have the time/energy to re-train. I barely get to shoot these days as it is. Have some pity on the likes of us, and spread the awesomeness of your reticle with the MOA crowd, please.
Nikkon as a combat optic?. I understand what your saying we will put out a version with moa turrets at some point maybe next year sometime it will hit the market but as far as doing an MOA on the reticle well it ended up running into the BDC. As you know I have been testing and testing both .223 and .308. After establishing zero I have not touched the turrets and getting dead on hits 100-1000 yards! I come from a mixed martial art background and the philosophy is simple keep what works and disregard the rest. With that said I get it you guys want MOA. If that makes you buy it the so be it lol.

Dimitri

Last edited by PrimaryArms; 02-18-2014 at 5:49 AM..