View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 9:14 AM

I think you should be ok with accuracy.

Got mine out of jail about 10-15 days ago. It's a .308 win. While in jail I ordered a choate stock, and also decided that a trigger was needed. So I ordered a Timney 510 with safety lever installed. When it got the rifle I bought a blue box of federal 150 SP ammo and one of Federal Gold Metal Match 168. I got home and already had the stock but not the new trigger. So I installed the stock and the scope base no shimming was needed it was a perfect fit. Took off to the range the next day. With the federal ammo it was all garbage where as my last rifle a SPS Tac .308 did pretty good with them. Then I started using the FGMM 168 ammo and the worst group came in at .4 something and the best was .2 something. I then decided to take a few shots at 200y and it came out at 1.5 could have done better it was all me. All of this was with a original trigger. I just don't like then X-mark triggers I can't get them adjusted worth crap. So I just changed it out as of now and will be at the range Tuesday.

Over all I never ever got a m700 rifle that shot bad and I have owned m700 that were dated from 1968 up till now. Not saying there isn't a bad on in the bunch. For me it's been really good.

To Op enjoy it have fun and be safe out there

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg48/winxp_man/MeShooting-1.jpg