View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 8:23 PM
Banned

Reloading is the only way to go. You can make ammo more accurate than anything you can buy. It also costs maybe 75 cents per round or less compared to $1.20 per round or more for factory match ammo.

If you can swing $1,100 for a scope, I really really highly recommend the bushnell tactical elite 3.5-21 g2 dmr... It is a really high quality scope with outstanding features you normally pay well over 2x's as much from any other brand.

If you're not able to go that high, the vortex is good.

If you need something on a budget... the nikon 4.5-14 buckmaster is 'livable'... I've made due for a few years, but early next year, I'm getting the bushy DAMMITT!!!!

Badger thruster brake is not very expensive, and a good brake. You should be able to find it in the threads that match your rifle. They're like $70 ish. Recoil on a 308 is not bad. My GF LOVES my 308... with no brake.... but the brake not only softens the recoil, it keeps you on target. Went to the range today, and she shot my brothers 308 with a badger FTE brake... and she keeps telling me how much she likes *that* rifle... "the rifle doesnt move!"

FTE is about double the price of the thruster. The thruster is still good though. And worth it. You will need a crush washer to 'time it' or have a gunsmith time it for you which might be about $50?

You dont 'need' a brake... but they're nice to have.

Last edited by postal; 12-09-2012 at 8:26 PM..