View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 12:14 PM

I have gone on a total of one cruises in my life. I took the gkids on the Disney Dream when it launched. We are taking the next two in March. Honestly, I HATE cruises. But the Disney thing is fun.

Hawaii is lovely certain times of year. My favorite island is Kauai. It is green and lush on the Princeville side and warm and tropical on the Poipu side. Lots of things to do and see and beautiful hiking everywhere. Lovely waterfalls you can take a picnic to and do a little swimming. June, July and August are stinking hot and humid. October through March are a bit less humid and very lovely. Rent a convertible and leave the top down. Rain or shine you will love driving with the top down and enjoy the panoramic view.

Very romantic trip for two. However stay in Poipu or Princeville. Steer clear of staying anywhere near Coconut Grove area and Lihue. My son went to VRBO and found a beautiful condo in Princeville very reasonable with a big Master and Kitchen and a short walk to a private beach. They stayed for a week, shopped at Costco, made their own meals. A couple of fun dinners out and they spent very little money.

I don't expect everything handed to me. Just set it down anywhere. Unknown