View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 4:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranski View Post
At least apply for your permit, what do you have to lose?
You do raise a good question. How much will one have to pay to apply and get denied? IIRC, by law the IA can no longer require you to pay for training before making a decision on your GC, so that's at least $100 saved. What about paying for the Livescan background check? What's the most you can be on the hook for if you're denied?

SDCGOPAC should add that information to their CCW application instructional video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Application fees and time wasted. I'm not of the protected class. No big $ business, no ex wives chasing me down, not a famous guy. Chances would be between slim and none.

"A man's got to know his limitations" ~ Dirty Harry
Jimi Jah doesn't plan to vote and won't apply.

It really makes me wonder why he spends so much time and effort making posts re. San Diego Co sheriff and CCWs. It's ... strange.

Maybe it's just me, but if I was that short on money, I'd work for Uber or Lyft for a few weeks, save up $1,000 and apply for a CCW. That way, in case I got approved, I'd have plenty of money to pay for Livescan and training and holsters and practice ammo. But that's just me: I want a CA CCW!

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 01-16-2018 at 5:42 PM..