View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 6:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReluctantCraftstronaut View Post
Serious question here... What makes off-roster guns so valuable to buyers?

In this case, I think the M&P is a great gun, I prefer it over a Glock to be honest. But I think they're comparable enough. So if I were in the market and had the choice between a G19 for $500 or an M&P 2.0 for even $700+, I would choose to Glock to get the most bang for my buck.

I agree there can be great value in getting a vastly superior gun, or one that fits you well, or has lots of sentimental values, etc... but all off-roster guns I see come on here are listed for big bucks and to me it doesn't make much sense.

Obviously I'm a bad person to ask on what I'd pay, since it isn't much. But I see off-roster stuff listed often for around 2x retail, but I don't see them sell quickly. I'd say if you posted retail+50% you may get some bites.
It's simple supply and demand. Some people only like xxx brand and not yyy brand that's similar. I used to be one of those. I loved M&P's and HATED Glocks....until I shot a gen 4 Glock 19. Now I have plenty of love to go around.

Also, there's no way in hell I'd pay the markup on a gun just because it's off roster. I can't think of a single one that's out there that I'd pay the ridiculous prices that I see.