View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 5:38 AM
Quiet's Avatar
Quiet Quiet is offline
retired Goon
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Bernardino County
Posts: 27,067
iTrader: 10 / 100%

Originally Posted by edgerly779 View Post
Assault weapons would have to be sold out of state or deregistered.
Reminder that...
Only the registered owner can legally deregister the RAW. [11 CCR 5478]
If the registered owner is deceased, then no one can legally deregister it as a RAW.

For a person that legally obtained possession of a RAW due to intestate succession, they have 90 days to do one of the following: [PC 30915]
A. Render the RAW permanently inoperable (destroy the receiver per ATF specifications). [PC 30915(a)]
B. Transfer the RAW to a CA FFL dealer with an assault weapons license or to an out-of-state FFL dealer. [PC 30915(b)]
C. Obtain a CA DOJ Dangerous Weapons Permit for AW. [PC 30915(c)]
D. Transport the RAW out-of-state for storage or for transfer through an out-of-state FFL dealer. [PC 30915(d)]
Certified Glock Armorer

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Last edited by Quiet; 09-16-2021 at 5:49 AM..
Reply With Quote