View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 2:49 PM
Banned

Default Angled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
It's all personal preference, but angled. Honestly I think your assessment about the limitations regarding an angled vs. straight scope is backwards.

Prone, angled for sure. On a bench, still angled because I can just glance down into it. Standing, wouldn't matter if the scope is on a stand but you can still just glance down into it once you're in a decent position.

Don't want to look down at it? Tilt it 90 degrees and you can now just turn your head slightly to the left and see it. Maybe 45 degrees is more comfortable for you? That works too as long as your mount on the stand or the scope itself has an adjustment for it. Can't get any of that flexibility with a straight scope.
This. I use a Konus 20-60 w/ 100mm objective. Very nice to be able to rotate the scope so the eyepiece is around 90 degrees so I can just turn my head a little to see into it.

An angled eyepiece simply offers a lot more flexibility as to orientation of the eyepiece to the shooter, which is something a straight scope cannot do.

Put simply, there are numerous advantages but no real disadvantages to an angled scope, regardless of which brand you choose.