Thread: Ticket
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 12:20 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
22400(a) CVC does not require you to exceed the speed limit to keep up with the flow of traffic.
Please save us some embarrassment and tell us that you are not a CA LEO.
If you are, please take the time to read and learn the law.

22400. (a) No person shall drive upon a highway at such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, unless the reduced speed is necessary for safe operation, because of a grade, or in compliance with law.

No person shall bring a vehicle to a complete stop upon a highway so as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic unless the stop is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law.
Trickster,

Never underestimate.......................

Some 25 years ago I took a class in juvenile procedure. The professor was a judge on the L.A. Municipal Court. She told us of an officer in Lancaster who in the early 70's was regularly stopping vehicles driving 80-90mph on the 14 Freeway and citing the drivers for both 22349(a) (Speeding) and 22400(a) (Impeding Traffic) on the same citation form. I'm not sure if the "compliance with law" language existed in the 1970's version of the law. I suspect that it did not, because of the context of her example.

The professor used this example to highlight the principle that contradictory laws do exist.

Last edited by RickD427; 02-09-2013 at 12:24 AM..