View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 4:27 PM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgosteelers View Post
I will attempt to do what I can BUT, the majority of those steps seem like you are "preaching to the choir".

how exactly does that make any inroads into the majority that are...
  • responsible for a democratic majority (which are now going nuts creating even more nanny state legislation),
  • passing ridiculous tax increases for things like the subway to the sea, high speed rail,
  • more taxes for schools and the children which just go to the general fund or employee union pensions
  • plastic bag bans,
  • vote against any kind of "common sense" pension reforms,
  • refuse to vote for anything that would make it easier to go after teachers & their pensions that do horrific things to our children
  • that continue to keep Feinstein & Boxer in power,
  • etc. blah blah...

you get the picture.
You are correct that its an uphill battle and one which we who think differently than the legislators are likely to loose. That said, we have to start somewhere and educating every person who is ignorant of what is going on, regardless of their political leanings is something I think we should all strive to do at every opportunity.

All my golfing buddies who happen to be non-shooters by the way, had no idea about the new proposed laws. Most are upset about it now. What they will do is anyone's guess but at least now they know the issues.