View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 8:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Pincus View Post

APH is an advanced course and we cover quite a lot more material in that time period. The 2 day Combat Focus Shooting is a pre-requisite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzar View Post
Any chance of attending APH without the prerequisite CFS course?

For APH Course Eligibility it says:

Quote:
Must have completed a minimum of a one-day Fundamentals of Combat Focus Shooting course to be eligible.

Quote:

No. It's a safety/technique issue. I don't want to take the time to have to teach ready position and presentation from the holster or have to worry about re-explaining certain course protocols and procedures. It takes away from the experience for those who are following on from CFS... and just eats time from an already full schedule. There would also be a lot of conceptual questions likely to come up that are addressed in CFS. I used to experiment with letting guys with long training resumes in, but it never works. CFS is a distinct methodology.

The APH class registration page says a 1-day CFS course as a prerequisite but you said 2 days (see above links). So, which is it?

When you say:

Quote:

CFS is a distinct methodology.
AND

Quote:

There would also be a lot of conceptual questions likely to come up that are addressed in CFS.
It all sounds so elitist, like being a member of L. Ron Hubbard's inner circle and we're not worthy until we're indoctrinated.

Are the CFS methods so exclusive as to need an initiation?

Please help me understand in the overall tactical/defensive firearms training field...