View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 2:59 PM
im2ninja4u im2ninja4u is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Suisun city, CA
Posts: 306
iTrader: 2 / 100%

Originally Posted by Colt-45 View Post
I've been looking for a Ruger LCP. Plenty online, even have an FFL willing to work with me out of state to convert it.

The local FFL who I went to for singleshot exemptions has gone out of business and I do not want to drive to the Bay Area or LA for it.

How are these guns converted for SSE? Anyone here fondled one in single shot configuration? I ask this because based on the reading that I've done, Ruger does not sell LCP barrels, if you have trouble with yours, you ship your gun to them, they replace it and send it back. You don't get your old barrel back either.

Does the magazine release need to be removed? Does the magazine need to be modified to 0 rounds?

The way I've seen singleshot exempt pistols is that the feed lips of an old/worn barrel are extended so the gun cannot reload itself and an extension to the barrel is welded to make it 10+. Easy to do on a Glock or 1911 barrel, which are easily available.
I know the shop you're speaking off and I'm bummed they're going out of business. I believe PRK does SSE, but I'm not sure. I sent an email last month to SSE an XD-S and still haven't received a reply so I said screw it and went and had my SSE done at EBR Works in Thousand Oaks. We definitely need another SSE shop in Fresno County but a lot of the dealers are just too afraid to do it .
It was a rifle that freed this country and it will be a rifle that will keep this country free.

Reply With Quote