View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 8:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
...When I was in LE, it was always the samething. You get a domestic disturbance call, the people are always the same ones, ...Best thing to do in a situation like this is to stay inside, don't answer the door, and call 9-1-1. Beyond that, you're asking for more trouble than you can handle.
^^^ Thank you for sharing your real world experience. I have never been in LE, but I have seen the people you describe. Mostly thorough large apartment complexes I lived in or places I have worked.
My only question is how do we know who is a victim of a boyfriend or husband vs. a legitimate victim of an attack by someone who is not a 'significant other'?
Is it always obvious which is which?
BTW, I did recently call the PD (NOT 911) on a couple having an argument on the sidewalk of a busy street. They were getting extremely verbal and I thought they were close too getting physical. I was very careful too tell the dispatcher exactly what I saw (no weapons or punches, just acting stupid). Hopefully, LE got there before things got out of hand.