View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 8:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalPlinker View Post
Thinking of a couple possibilities...

- Replace front and rear sights
- Extended slide release
- Extended magazine release

I might also want some work on the grip, but that might not require a Glock armorer depending on what route I take (ex. Talon Grips).

That's about it for right now, but I may think of reducing the trigger pull weight or just seeing if I can make it a bit smoother.

Also look into replacement of any stock parts with after market parts to improve performance, such as springs...

I'm still researching the Glock to see what's popular and what's out there that might suit me.
What do you plan on using your Glock for? If it's going to be a race/competition gun, then go for it. If it's going to be a carry/self-defense gun; I would leave it stock when it comes to springs, with the exception of the items that you already mentioned.

If you do replace the slide stop and extended mag release make sure you take a tac pistol/self-defense course to see how your new setup works for you.

Some people have found that they can accidentally engage the slide stop with their shooting hand thumb, or accidentally engage the extended mag release under stress or with an awkward grip.

"Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. -Psalm 144:1