Thread: Butte
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 5:13 AM

Hes still technically appointed. As stated above. This wasnt the point of my reply. The point I was getting at was d.r. pushing their own C.C.W. agenda. I have zero issues with Sherrif Honea so far. It is a shame to see d.r.'s position on this. I was excited to get a nice new range in town. One where we can shoot rifles indoors and on my end of town no less. But I cant support a range that doesnt support us as a shooting community. As you know, our rights and privledges are precious and few these days. Being eroded by the minute. The type of qualification being proposed by d.r. is law enforcement style. We as permit holders are trained to avoid an incident. This kind of training might send the wrong message to a select few. If we as a county were failing miserably during qualification or we had incidents envolving C.C.W. permit holders sending wild stray bullets downrange during a gun fight, then maybe. Extra and advanced training should always be sought out by a individual I believe. But still left up to the individual as long as they meet the criteria. But to try and change B.C.S.O. standards and force your agenda on our wonderful county is a dirt bag move usually reserved for politicians. Not something I would expect from the gun community. It is my opinion that we as a county should send a strong message to d.r. by boycotting them until they back off. I think they actually had a decent idea by offering an alternative to the other courses offered. A longer, more involved course for those who CHOOSE it is a good thing. But attempting to change standards to fit their greed isnt. Just one mans opinion.

Last edited by powermad; 10-09-2014 at 5:20 AM..