Thread: Butte
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 7:21 PM

Default BOYCOTT DOWN RANGE !!!!!!!!!!!

You have been misinformed sir. B.C.S.O. still only requires a 4 hour course. And 10 rounds shot per handgun to be added to your permit. Unfortunately Down Range is petitioning the new appointed (not elected) sheriff to increase the class fee to $175 from $65 (at Safer Arms), increase rounds to be fired to 150, shooting to be done dominant hand, weak hand, prone, lying on back, ect. The new sheriff and one of the owners of Down Range used to work together at the D.A.s office as investigators. I'm all for more training. But to try to change requirements just to suit your business needs is wrong! Down Range (dr) is not providing a superior product or service. So instead of competeing with other local providers they are trying to legislate out the competition. If you want to take a longer class with more rounds shot from varying positions, so be it. But these new requirements make the Butte Co. C.C.W. permits harder to access for people of lower incomes. Jerry Smith (the previous sheriff) lowered the rounds to qualify from 30 to 10 to make the process accessible to everyone who qualified due to cost and availablity of ammo in the last year or so. Please get your facts straight before posting something like this. I realize you had good intentions. But this stuff is very important. What you posted was little more then propaganda fed to you by your instructor at d.r. who has a dog in this fight. While it may become the truth if d.r. is successful in changing the requirements, its not the truth yet. I for one am boycotting d.r. for this underhanded move. I am not meaning any disrespect. Just trying to make the facts known. Good luck to you and your new C.C.W.

Last edited by powermad; 10-08-2014 at 7:30 PM..