View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Arma View Post

Before you condemn anybody in the firearm L.E. community, consider the possibility that they are charged with enforcing downright stupid, ambiguous, non-objective laws. The ASW mess in California is properly blamed on Sacramento.

The cowards we elected who passed (and/or vote for) these laws wouldn't know a machine gun from a BB gun. They just pass unenforceable irrational laws, then dump the whole mess on the other two branches of government (courts and police), then pat themselves on the back for making the world safe for flowers and puppy dogs.

If they had any guts, they would get on with trying to outlaw/confiscate ALL guns, instead of this incremental approach. I just want the cowards to volunteer to lead the troops going door to door in their own political districts for the purpose of collecting the guns. Hopefully they will wear big name tags that also show how they voted. [I'm not holding my breath.]

I agree that the blame for the passing of the AW laws rest with Sacramento, BUT, I seem to remember high ranking members of the Law Enforcement community testified in favor of those laws. Now I realize that the logical, thinking cops did not support the AW laws but ,those who matter, did. I personally spoke to my Assemblyman at the county fair to tell him my thoughts on the pending AW legislation at that time. He said that, to paraphrase, "Law Enforcement told him these types of weapons are favored by 'The Gangs'." So he was going to vote in favor of restricting them because "Law Enforcement" wanted them off the streets. We agreed to disagree. I hope this doesn't come off as anti-LEO but most of the rulers in Sacramento, like you said, don't know the difference between a BB gun and a M2 50 cal. So they look for so called gun experts, Law Enforcement, for advice. And Law Enforcement, those who matter, told them to ban them. Now we are stuck with a mess.