View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 9:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arson View Post
I have a Mossberg 590A1, It holds 8 in the tube +1 in the chamber making it 9, with a speed feed stock for an additional 4 making the total 13 rds. "If" I were to place a side saddle on it, there could be an additional 6 rds making the new total 19 rds. Also I could put an ammo bandolier on it that could hold an additional 25 rds, making the new total 44 rds. This configuration would render it way to heavy.

There are many manufactures that make tube extensions to increase the amount of shells you could carry in a shotgun.
What? Sidesaddles and speedfeed stocks aren't the same thing as a magazine tube. It's not even remotely a legal issue.

The problem with the magazine capacity laws and shotguns, is that shot shells come in different lengths, which can make a drastic difference regarding capacity of the magazine tube. No one has an answer for that yet. More specifically the problem is, does an 8+1 shotgun you bought actually hold 8+1 if you use aguila mini shot shells that are only 1.75"? What about a 10 shell magazine tube that holds 10 3.5" shells, what happens when you use 2.75" shells?"

At least I can only assume that's what the OP is concerned about.

Last edited by Merc1138; 05-07-2012 at 9:59 PM..