View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 2:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehouseproduct View Post
But using that logic I could switch the barrel without tools to make it non compliant as well. Wouldn't one need to make a fitted barrel where a standard barrel would no longer work?
You would be replacing a part of the firearm, the barrel, rather than just removing a block with a tool for the magazine. This is a bit of a legal aspect which the lawyers would need to figure out, but I don't know that you want to give anyone some ideas as a way to block this loophole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperchasin View Post
Thanks for the response. Just curious as to how the DROS would be completed in this case. Would the seller need to send accompanying identification documentation along with the pistol? Does liability/legality of the sale of the gun to me fall upon the FFL receiving the gun?
I am not sure of what you mean by "identification documentation".

Doing the conversion could result in legal liability, but you would need to talk to an attorney about that. It is the same as making changes and then having a problem where someone gets hurt. What specific legal aspect are you concerned with?

Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein