Thread: Angels
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 6:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon1272 View Post
Bill,
I have to disagree with you about dreams just based off my experience. I had a dream that involved Christ. (which I will not go into on the forum) I awoke that morning and the depression that I was in for the last year was lifted. Nothing specific to the dream but that depression was lifted when I awoke. If I was smart I would have turned to Christ right then and there...I didn't. I came to accept Christ many years later but not based on this dream.

The memory of that dream stuck with me for many years. It had another message in it that I did not understand.

20+ years after the dream I was granted the revelation of the dream - basically, will you serve me? This shook me to my core. Does it make biblical sense? What took place seems in some ways to align biblically but I can say that Christ and the Holy Spirit spoke into my life and has caused me to move and do what I am not comfortable and at time personally great risk to my comfy life.

So to make a short story long, I do not discount dreams per se. Yes you do have to look to see if they align biblically. I can speak with much greater detail off line but I do think Christ still speaks into peoples lives through dreams and not just through His word.
Thanks for sharing your person experience. It sounds amazing. The challenge is that personal experience can't be proven, nor supported Biblically. Yes, people disagree about spiritual gifts (e.g. speaking in tongues), and dreams, etc., but the overwhelming number of Christians who have studied the Word since Christ believe the Bible teaches those have ended and can support this with very sound Biblical exegesis.

However, what's most important is this - do you consider that second dream to be your salvation or did you still turn to the Lord in prayer, repent of your sin, and asked to be saved - to be given eternal life?

Bill

“Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God…” Martin Luther