View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 9:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
And I've already shown the actual content of those pages which shows why your claims about what the Supreme Court said do not match what the Supreme Court itself was actually talking about (and thus saying) on those pages.

Yes, it is. And that public record does not say what you claim it says.

A quote from something is not the same as saying it yourself. For instance, I quote you above in this very message, but clearly am not saying what you say in your quote above.

But most importantly, Thomas himself directly signed onto the Heller decision. His dissent to denial of cert in Peruta puts to rest any claim that Heller says that concealed carry is unprotected, since if that really is what Heller says then it would mean that Thomas would agree with the 9th Circuit. Thus, to claim that Heller says that concealed carry is unprotected is to claim that Thomas himself does not understand what Heller says. That is a laughable proposition, to put it mildly.
^^^^^^^^^

That's what you are claiming. I suggest you go back and re-read Justice Thomas's dissent.

He in an abstract or paraphrased manner restated everything noted in Heller - including that which I referenced by page number.

Or do I have to cut and paste his entire dissent right here in this thread?

=8-|