View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 6:13 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
If I carried a fixed blade with kydex or knife handle (depending on orientation) protruding below the beltline and untucked shirt, it would be something larger than any folder I could pocket (typically 3.5-4.1" blades).

I like a 6-7" blade, but still relatively compact for a fixed blade like a Jackmandu or Rodent 6. That'd be a wilderness or camping type knife for me, not a urban carry... but do what the hell you want if it is legal.
I'm merely quoting another post to suggest you ensure that no part of the knife/sheath is covered...see bold below. The way you describe it, I'm thinking that with an untucked shirt, there may be a portion of it concealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD427 View Post
Dogbite,

You're close. In California, it is a felony to carry a concealed dagger. The offense does require the element of the dagger being concealed. Please refer to Penal Code section 21310. Here is the text

"Except as provided in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 17700) of Division 2 of Title 2, any person in this state who carries concealed upon the person any dirk or dagger is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170."

You should be aware of People v Hale, which was a concealed firearms case which essentially held that the concealment of any part of a firearm was illegal. The same rationale would apply to daggers. You could find yourself in trouble if any portion of the dagger were concealed.

You should also be aware, as prior posters have pointed out, that there is a plethora of local ordinances governing the carrying of knifes.

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
No more stupid threads. you have my word
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
Rule 1 I'll admit I'm a jerk when I post stupid thread.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher View Post
I'll do the picking.. Name wise .. if you don't mind...
Helmut Shmacher- Formerly lugerdevil666