View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 3:45 PM
CitaDeL's Avatar
CitaDeL CitaDeL is offline
Calguns Addict
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Redding, CA
Posts: 5,701
iTrader: 0 / 0%

Originally Posted by snowdog650 View Post
Have a buddy possibly moving to Trinity County soon. What is the deal up there? Is the Sheriff basically shall-issue?

Any assistance would be appreicated.
There are only two kinds of licensing authorities.

1) Permissive 'may issue'.
2) Non-permissive 'may issue'.

"Shall issue" is a unicorn in California no matter what county you go to.

Trinity County is a permissive 'may issue' agency, that issues to ordinary people. While I havent reviewed all of their policies, I have heard nothing negative about the process.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply With Quote