View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 12:44 AM

can get it clear coated. theres a brand that has adhesion promoter for bare metal. ill look for you.

i did this for a buddy, i polished his frame on his street bike and cleared. its held up quite well. if you dont clear, youll have to polish it monthly to keep shine. mothers aluminium polish works great.

sorry for misspelled words

just found it, its ppg dau 97

PPG has a clear that can be applied over bare metal even if its polished. YOu first need to use a metal prep though. Both products I have used are from the PPG line. The Metal prep is applied and kept wet until it is rinsed off. It has a color to it but will not leave any color behind. (you will have to get the tech sheet on proper application) Then clear right over it. I think the clear is DAU 97.
Another alternative is HOK metel effect. Its not expensive and as long as you are comfortable with your gun controle it is simple if unorthadox to apply. YOU first lay down some black base and then clear the piece. Once it's dry, you color sand away all orange-peel and polish to perfection. After that you spray the metal effect and re-clear. I don't know how it can bond to polished clear but have read good reviews about it.

Last edited by Glock619; 04-23-2009 at 12:48 AM..