Thread: FNRA Dinners
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 6:53 AM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picturepro View Post
Received a mailer and considering the 3-5-16 event.
what really goes on at the event? lots of shop talk about guns
I'm not really deep into all the guns, just what I own and enjoy to shot.
Did not want to walk into a ambush of a sales pitch to give every last cent away.
I was in the same boat as you. When I started getting the mailers I thought, "I like guns, but geeze, do I want to have dinner with 100 gun nuts?" I can tell you they are tons of fun.

You walk in and there are games to play (spin the wheel game, dice games, plinko, etc). By playing the games, you get raffle tickets to win guns and there are silent auctions and table prizes you can bid on. A catered dinner is served and everybody eats. Usually there are ~10 per table and I have met some really fun people over the years. After dessert comes the live auction and they draw the winners for the guns and table prizes.

Usually all over by 9:00pm. No sales pitch but it is a charity fund raiser. Dinner and playing games is cool but the best part is knowing the money goes to support the next generation of shooters (Boy Scouts, ROTC, American Legion, Women on Target, college scholarships, safety programs, etc.) I'll be at the 3/5 event so I hope to see you there!
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

Get your Carry License!!

Last edited by lgm118icbm; 02-18-2016 at 6:55 AM..