View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 9:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arplatform View Post
The real running joke is the about the name and manufacturer. Most larger companies have their products actually made in China and have their Trade Name placed on the scopes. Bushnell is one, I find it funny that people love the new ACOG lookalike from Bushnell and then crap all over the chinese copies. THEY ARE BOTH MADE IN CHINA. The same company that I bring in replicas from, is the manufacturer of scopes for bushnell, leapers, TASCO and a few others. What this really shows is that some people are actually "Trade Name Snobs". This is not to say they didn't get screwed on a product that was poorly made but not everything from china is crap. Turn in your Motorla Cell phones and bluetooth then. About 50% of my business is from LE and Military personnel. What you need to get when purchasing import items is a support network. Purchase from Hong Kong you get nothing if you have a problem.
I heard the Millett scopes are made in China also, which might explain why they are reasonably priced. I got nothing against a good product being made somewhere else as long as the quality is there. I don't wanna waste my money on low quality regardless of where it's made. Labor is cheaper in China so it makes sense that their scopes are cheaper.