Thread: Army Reserve
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 9:59 AM

You'd go to the same basic as every other enlistee, active, reserve, or guard- we all go to the same places.

As for what to expect if you join... well, you'll have to be more specific. You'll enlist, you go to basic, you'll go to AIT, you'll come home. Chances are you'll drill with your reserve unit once a month, with a few weeks worth of training once a year, generally speaking. It'll be different if your unit is getting ready to mob- I've spent almost as many weeks this year on active duty as I have off

Your experiences may vary. I ****ing love this ****. Some peopel can't wait to get out. Some just do it for the benefits. If you do plan on going into a reserve companent, I would highly recommned going into the National Guard over the regular Reserves.
"... You feel the anger thinking of the loved ones you will never see again, and losing your life infuriates your soul. You rage to get to your feet and grab for a weapon, any weapon. Regardless of your race, culture, or religion, you want to die standing, fighting like a warrior, an American, so others won't have to. For those looking for a definition, this is the price of freedom.”

------
SGT Thomas Macpherson KIA 12 OCT 2012
SFC Ryan Savard KIA 13 OCT 2012
"Sine Pari"