View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 9:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
I have issues with this, as about 50% of the time when I have needed to activate a Windows OS, or went to update a game (I knew needed updating due to another console needing an update...) servers were being worked on, or unable to do what I needed, and I needed to try later. I don't play games on XBL, so I can't speak for playing on that though...

WAY more, I think. On a phone you can factory it, or drop a new ROM on it that excludes an exploitable/patched derivitive-portion (if you don't have an iPhruity dev), on a camera device you can change the port FW on the Internet side... For the Kinect there IS always the index-card w/ tape option to cover the lens, though...

The sub-accounts under a Live subscription will just add another level of simplicity to Skynet-tracking and so they will know who the kids are too, without kids purchasing a danged thing!

Would this be the 1st console M$ put out that may be outsource-codded in India, like WinVista is rumored to have been screwed by, or was the OG 360 coded in India too? Hmmm.
Look, you don't like the xbox or x360 or MS? Fine. But your arguements against the console are tin-foil hat territory.

First off, to rip on LIVE, not having experienced it, is just plain silly. LIVE was, and is a rock solid gaming experience. Features work the same across all games, all devs support all of them, and LIVE really has had no significant issues over the past 8 or 9 years in terms of running. Yes, there have been outages a couple of times, for 24 hours and some people fell victim to account hacking do to social media mining (and 3rd party dev servers getting hacked), but overall, it's been a great experience.

Game updates were quick and automatic. I don't know if you've had experience with the PSn and the updates there, but Sony's online system looks like the keystone cops when it comes to updates and feature support compared to LIVE.

2nd, if you're talking about modding a phone to block stuff, you are in the .00000001 of the population walking around with a smart phone that would actually do that. Everyone else, the 99.99999% of people with a smart phone are whatever risk you are worried about with all their internet devices, besides just an internet enabled console. So you are not talking real world, as it exists. You are talking geek world, based on the amount of effort you are willing to put in to do what you are talking about.

3rd. If you're that worried about MS using your info, then I hope you don't own a smart phone, or a TV with cable service and a DVR box or Tivo, or a computer with a browser with cookies enabled or anything else anyone does regarding to media or internet usage. I hope you are not on facebook, twitter, instagram or whatever else.

To think MS is setting up any skynet blah blah blah, any more than any other internet company everyone already has contact with, is just ridiculous.

Just say you don't like MS. You don't like MS products. Your rational for not liking them makes you look silly.