View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 9:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeaglory View Post
I kind of agree with you. $60 for a year isnt bad at all. LIVE has never let me down yet.

I dont agree with having to "check in" with MS every 24 hours though. And if you dont check in, you get banned and have to call MS and set your account up again, or something of the equivalent.

I also dont like the rules they will have on used games now. Freaking games are gonna be like $60-$70, thats alot of $$$. I dont feel I should have to pay to trade or buy used, on top of getting screwed from the dealer.
I have issues with this, as about 50% of the time when I have needed to activate a Windows OS, or went to update a game (I knew needed updating due to another console needing an update...) servers were being worked on, or unable to do what I needed, and I needed to try later. I don't play games on XBL, so I can't speak for playing on that though...

Wasn't it EA games that said they were not going to make single-player-games but multi-player-only games in the future?
"You're doomed to mediocrity, like EA's buying stock in thee..." - Push - Attack Slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iknownot View Post
...Is there a possibility for your console to get hacked and to get spied on? Sure. But it's no more, than any other wifi Internet device with a camera and mic. Are you that worried abou your smart phone? Your laptop with built in camera? We all already have Internet enabled devices that have this danger.
WAY more, I think. On a phone you can factory it, or drop a new ROM on it that excludes an exploitable/patched derivitive-portion (if you don't have an iPhruity dev), on a camera device you can change the port FW on the Internet side... For the Kinect there IS always the index-card w/ tape option to cover the lens, though...

The sub-accounts under a Live subscription will just add another level of simplicity to Skynet-tracking and so they will know who the kids are too, without kids purchasing a danged thing! Direct-child-marketing... without broadcast TV.

Would this be the 1st console M$ put out that may be outsource-codded in India, like WinVista is rumored to have been screwed by, or was the OG 360 coded in India too? Hmmm.

Last edited by the86d; 06-14-2013 at 9:54 AM..