View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 5:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iknownot View Post
I'm really tired of the pay for LIVE vs free for PSn argument anyway. It's been 11 years already.

Would I prefer LIVE to be free? Of course, however I can hardly begrudge the $5 a month for the unified, across all games, system that MS has set up. It works every time, across any game, and everyone uses it because anyone who has signed up for it wants the features and the devs know this.

It is very clear that LIVE was the better of the two online systems. People that wanted the best online experience on a console had no issue with paying for LIVE. Should things like netflix be moved outside the pay wall? Yes. Does it really matter to most people with an xbox, not really, because they are paying for LIVE anyway.

I, for one, do not see the difference between LIVE and PSn changing much for next gen. MS has a much more unified idea of what LIVE is supposed to do and has spent more money than sony on infrastructure over the past 11 years and is upgrading LIVE's back bone again for the cloud computing with more servers again, this time around.

I don't have a problem paying $5 a month for that.

As for that, i'm not sure what you are saying. If you are implying people willing to pay for LIVE are too stupid to figure out how to pirate stuff, I wholeheartedly disagree with you. I will not download the things I want for free, even if I want them. If I don't want something bad enough to pay for it, then I simply make do with out it.

I'm not sure the sense of equating a free vs paid subscription service with a paid service vs illegally downloading things off the internet.
I kind of agree with you. $60 for a year isnt bad at all. LIVE has never let me down yet.

I dont agree with having to "check in" with MS every 24 hours though. And if you dont check in, you get banned and have to call MS and set your account up again, or something of the equivalent.

I also dont like the rules they will have on used games now. Freaking games are gonna be like $60-$70, thats alot of $$$. I dont feel I should have to pay to trade or buy used, on top of getting screwed from the dealer.

Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.