View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 1:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iknownot View Post
Buy one game, and play it on any xbox one you have. That means you can play it on your xbox one and your kids can play it on theirs, if they have one. All your games preloaded and updated means you can hot swap on the fly if you want to change games...
The problem is nobody really knows anything in detail...

Is a game purchased per console? Can kids play at a different IP than the account holder's IP under the same Live subscription but different account? Can we buy used xBones, or even activate used xBones? Sell/transfer ownership of them? Is a Live subscription required to be GOLD and current/actively paid yearly for the device to work, or does the xBone stop working completely after 24 hours? Can you stream Netflix after the year subscription runs out and you don't want to ante-up again, OR if you don't want a subscription at all?

I tend to play games that do not interact with others like the Fallout series, Bioshock series, and only play maybe 3 months part-time, and won't play again for 3 months after I beat a game so an active Live subscription is not worth it for me. Hell on the 360 without an active subscription I cannot even use my 360 to watch Netflix, as I have ZERO need for a subscription, so I am denied the use of Netflix on a 360's I already own (of course the banned 360 is not referenced here) and by son cannot use IE on his 360, as he does not have a live subscription. It seems like M$ is nickel-and-dimming to death... just like everybody else, but less is known about ANY specifics, other than PS4 would be a better option for those who have been limited by M$ a device they have owned in the past...

Last edited by the86d; 06-13-2013 at 1:56 PM..