View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 10:54 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick draw mcgraw View Post
Thanks NorCalMama! Good advice on the instruction! My only concern with the Glocks is grip size. She wears a womens small glove and, correct me if I am wrong, but I think the G19 grip is the same size (around) as my G22 which is too big for her to comfortably hold.
I haven't handled the G22, but I do know that the grip seems a bit hefty, but now knowing how to hold it, the size isn't an issue. But ultimately, like somebody else mentioned, definitely have her handle various handguns and see what she "clicks" with. For me, gun shopping was like clothes shopping. I found what I felt that connection with and ended up buying it. Couldn't be happier! It's a very personal item to purchase, so she really needs to find just the right one for her. Congrats in advance to your wife!

I don't know if you live close by, but if you are near Rancho Cordova, Elk Grove, Citrus Heights, etc maybe have your wife get in touch with the user on here, 9mmepiphany. He is who I took my lesson with and he was AMAZING!