View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 8:43 PM
Banned
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AregularGuy View Post
Completely agree! No offense OP, but 2A restrictions and stringent gun control are across the board Democrat agenda items. Bread and butter. Might as well get them to try and vote against a pro choice bill, won't happen. There is no changing the policy of an entire party. Can you imagine how short the career would be for a Dem official that voted against the party on any CA state firearms bills? It may have happened but I am unaware of it.
I agree that the vast majority of ELECTED Democrats are anti-gun. I am less convinced that the overwhelming majority of Democratic VOTERS are. And it is them that we must reach out to. I have many liberal friends that I have taken shooting. Once they understand that it's more about being a hobby then it is about killing things, more than one has gone on to purchase a gun. Their political views didn't really change, they just started seeing gun ownership in a different light, instead of it being the big, bad, bogeyman. I'd like to see a concerted effort to arrange some sort of "Take A Liberal To The Range Day". Reach out to your friends, coworkers, neighbors, etc. Mention that you are in to target shooting and ask if they'd like to join you sometime. You just might be surprised at their response.