View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 7:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

As Mulay can tell you I was vehemently opposed to the unloaded open carry movement because I knew it was just going to trigger more legislation and cost us more of what little we retain of our rights. We argued a LOT over the subject. I'm not one of those that would open carry if concealed carry were easily available, I'm older and just prefer to be low key. What brought me into this camp is that Palmer is going nowhere for years and years, and I have serious doubts that Moore will be appealed just because of home rule and Chicago's ability to (with the help of judges) game the system for many years to come just as they have with McDonald and Ezell. Madigan would be a fool to appeal when she knows that carry licenses valid within Cook County will be kept as rare as hen's teeth for at least the next 3-5 years. She also knows that SCOTUS has rejected cert in criminal cases and now it's rejected cert in civil cases and by doing nothing she still keeps carry out of Chicago without the risk of setting SC precedent she doesn't like. In our situation the definition of insanity isn't just doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results, it's doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results - while rejecting any other approach because of what appears to be tunnel vision. It just seems foolish to reject unlicensed open carry even if it means the court rejecting our carry cases for years to come and people in California, NY, and MD are left helpless outside the home.

The other thing that's brought me over to Mulray's camp is that if we don't get strict scrutiny soon we're pretty quick going to have to figure out what to do with suddenly illegal semiautomatic rifles and shotguns and grandfathered magazines.

Proud Life Member: National Rifle Association, the Second Amendment Foundation, and the California Rifle & Pistol Association

Last edited by sholling; 04-23-2013 at 8:11 PM..