View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 1:40 PM

I am currently an Officer Candidate with a flight contract (already went to OCS and am waiting for my degree so I can commission later this year) with the Marine Corps. If you want a guarantee that you will fly, the Marine Corps is the only way to go. Find your nearest OSO and talk with a recruiter for more information.

I had a flight guarantee before and after OCS, and as long as I continue to have satisfactory performance, I know I will definitely be flying. No other branch offers this.

However, the Marine Corps is one of the hardest programs to get into due to its size. You need to be near the best academically and physically, and have to pass additional tests. I took the ASTB (Navy/USMC Flight aptitude test), and passed on my first try... however make sure you remember high school physics (that really hurt me!). I also have 20/15 vision, a 297 PFT, 93 ASVAB, and 3.3 GPA.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions about this route, and I will try to offer as much info as possible regarding the process I've experienced so far. But, I can't offer any actual job experience outside of OCS since I haven't been sent to flight school yet.

Last edited by Disturbed; 01-30-2013 at 1:58 PM..