View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 11:30 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_2111 View Post
Like Kaligaran, I've been a fan and kickstarter backer from the very start.
I just saw the San Jose release... and I thought that what was there was really well done. This was all a great history lesson, but then it ended. It ended rather abruptly... just when I was expecting to see a big chunk of "the current battle in California" that was just not there.
Sen. Yee was present for 1/10th of a second in a still photo only... when there was talk months ago about how this would show the big gun rights fight going on in California. That's pretty much it for anything CA recent.
To me, it felt like there was a LOT missing, a lot that was originally described to me that this documentary would feature. What was there was great, I'll be sending the DVD to friends... but this was not a snapshot of what has been unfolding rapidly in the last year or two.
A lot of the things from early early pre-trailers was absent. I guess the focus for the film shifted in the last 6 months or something. (i.e. the entire SB249/bullet button fiasco was completely absent)

I have to agree with you on this point about CA.
I felt the film has a hole somewhere where the CA was left out. I think that NY and CA should have been mentioned a bit more, especially CA because of all of the hollyweird actors here. How they all talk smack and then turn around and enjoy using guns themselves. They take stands against guns and then take parts in tv and movies where they use guns illegally too. Yeah okay, but then the politicians here are just as dumb and turn around and write laws just for the sake of shotgunning them to the walls. At the end, I heard the happy music starting, like, you just died and are on your way to heaven music and I was like, damn I think this is nearing the end of the movie. All in all, my attention was mostly captured by a documentary which speaks volumes because I HATE documentaries. Just not enough action and violence/ special effects in them...

I give the movie an 87 out of 100 or an 8.5 out of 10.

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...