View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 8:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach
Question Anyone ever get a stolen gun returned by LE?

Last time I went shooting my G17 Gen3, I wished I still had my G17 Gen1. Unfortunately, that gun and another handgun was stolen in a home burglery in the mid 90s.

I reported the burglery to the local LE, and have hoped for years that some idiot would get caught with one of my guns and it or they would miraculously return home to me!

Flash forward nearly 20 years... nada, zip, zilch, zero! I havent heard a thing from any agency.

Has anyone here at CGN ever recovered a gun that had been stolen? If so, what were your circumstances? Did you call LE, or did you get a call or letter? Is there some database that can be searched by former owners to see if their guns resurface ever somewhere?
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx