Thread: .223 AR hunting
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 10:13 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvaro.salazar View Post
I recently built a 20-inch bull barrel AR that is very accurate at 300 yards and plan on using it for my next deer or boar hunt, I know a 223 round can definitely take down deer or even boar with the right ammo and I do realize its a small caliber but I don't want to buy another rifle and have another caliber to buy (I will do that later down the year), I can shoot pretty accurately so shot placement shouldn't be an issue my question to my fellow cal gunners is what are your thoughts on using 223 for hunting in a AR platform? (please don't tell me to buy a rifle in whatever your favorite hunting round is)

thanks in advance
[QUOTE=alvaro.salazar;19845373]I've been hunting plenty of times but I guess I should have stated that never with a 223, and things like ammo for these kind of situations and advice for shot placement or advice/opinion in general for hunting with this round would be helpful, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapalmCheese View Post
Seems you've made up your mind and have all the answers, why even ask us for an opinion?
In the OP you mention having ONLY a 223 gun, then you say you have hunted plenty of times. With what did you hunt with previously, what did you hunt, at what range?

You seem to be contradicting yourself. Just a kind observation.

Sorry Napalm. Not directing this to you. If copied and pasted wrong