View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1c View Post
Well my point is that a lot of people who ***** about illegals don't understand how the system is set up in the U.S.

For instance, I came to this country legally as well. Because I had a college degree. If I didn't have one, I couldn't have come here legally unless I married a U.S. citizen.

A lot of people don't understand that there is no avenue for non-college educated immigrants to come here unless they are sponsored by immediate family (children or parents). The H2b visa program is a joke that is capped and fills up immediately, requires a ton of paperwork and a long waiting period. It's not practical for 99% of employers who need the labor.

So my point is: a lot of people who ***** about illegals would probably rethink their rhetoric and be more open to immigration reform if they understood how the current immigration system works (and fails). Just like a lot of anti-gun folks would be better off if they actually bothered to learn about firearms and existing gun laws before blabbing about more gun control.

The immigration laws are set up to make America a better country, not to let in people that are going to sit on welfare. If you don't like Americas immigration laws I encourage you to look up the immigration laws for EVERY country in the world, I'm sure you'll find that the immigration laws for the USA are kinda relaxed compared to everyone else.

Besides, you're argument still doesn't justify ILLEGAL immigration. We are taking in Mexico's poor that couldn't make it in their own country. We practically have 2 separate countries in the USA now, those who speak English and those who don't. It's bad enough they break into our country, but then they refuse to assimilate, but of course they don't have to because we translate everything for them. I don't know how much longer we can financially or peacefully keep this up.

Oh! And If farmers would pay a decent wage and we didn't allow people to sit on welfare or unemployment for years on end, I'm sure we could get Americans to pick fruit. When it's either work or starve I'm sure people will work. Besides, with the $$ we'll save on welfare, unemployment, healthcare, teaching people how to speak English, schools, taxes, and translating everything (whether its government or business, you're paying for the translation) I'm sure paying a few dollars more for tomatoes will be a piece of cake... /rant