View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 2:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolguy101 View Post
What happend is this: Walmart did not prosecute or share any information with law enforcement. They simply used a law firm doubling as a collection agency to collect restitution under the California law because the dollar amout warranting prosecution per Walmart corporate policy.

HOWEVER, what you buddy didn't know is that Walmart belongs to a network of businesses that shares information on customers and employees that get caught stealing. There are supposedly over a thousand different businesses that can all access that information, so when your buddy applied for a job and they did a background check, it would flag not on a criminal check with the county/state/DMV, but within the network of businesses.

That isharing of information is all perfectly legal, and there is no way for him to get that removed. It may drop off on its own after a certain period of years, but I don't know and they wouldn't know at the Walmart store level either.

People don't understand how committing what they consider to be a minor crime like shoplifting can affect their life for years to come.

It's all about choices.
Oh dam I did not know that so hes pretty F****D if he applies to any business that shares that info Well looks like I need to tell him I have some good news and some bad news , good news not on his permanet record bad that it is still in a database that is shared between companies and there is no way of removing it . It sucks how one bad choice is all it takes to screw up your future I fill bad because he is really trying to get his ducks in a row . Its very true about choices and sadly he made a bad choice but who hasnt made at least one bad choice in their lives ?
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774_1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Last edited by chillincody; 09-24-2012 at 2:05 PM..