View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 9:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Gillious View Post
Yes, I get it. It's an AK, it can take abuse this and that, A little rust is nothing cause it's an AK. Dang, I wonder how some people on here take care of the things they love.

I'm not one to sweep dust under carpets or even cough on something just to make it shine. I have a mechanics mentality where if you want something a certain way it will become that way if you make it that way. This RPK has been on my wishlist for quite some time. I bought this aes10-b about 2-3 weeks ago and the seller obviously did not give it much love.

Yes, it has a few cuts but it is actually something I'm willing to strip and paint over. The RPK I had on my mind before this purchase was a nice black finish like a waffen works or arsenal. But this thing is rough. LOL i don't even like the finish on the barrel. BUT, it's an RPK and i'm frikin happy to have it.

I know this might be a repeat question, but does anyone know where I can get a carry handle for this thing and an RPK rear sight? I've been trying to look online but i've had no success

thanks all for the replies
The reality is, the receiver looks weird like its actually bulging out and around the rivet. The picture also looks like you can slip a piece of paper through the back side of the rivet like the hole was drilled offset. It looks like it will be more of a repair than just removal and replacement of that rivet.

For finish, just get the rust off and paint it. Alumahide rattle can, or krylon rattle can will do just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6mmintl View Post
You dont want to carry that out in the open and get it scratched or invite more rust,
Play it safe, transport it in a bag up to the 50 yard sniper line.
Your comments have not gotten any better since your dumb screw build comments...

TURBOELKY