View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 9:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Survival vs camping. Big difference.
Try living out of your GHB for a weekend and see how many things will not be needed.
Better still is to actually use GHB to walk home. Just carry the damn thing and then theory will evolve to knowing.
Survival means staying adaptable and inventive. Rolling with the variables. Your brain is the best defense. Think about absolutely have to have stuff that'll help you live another day. You can go days without eating. Just water is needed. Focus on EDC items that'll mesh with your other supplies and think about loosing everything. Can you utilize things at work or wherever that'll help you survive?
Think outside the GHB and plan to have nothing (if lost or destroyed). Can you scrounge some survival items from what's around you every day? Things at work?
Examples:
Use mylar birthday balloons taped together for a blanket?
Garbage bags to carry stuff or as rain poncho?
Woman's restroom has blood stoppers in it?
Shredded paper as kindling or insulating your shirt/jacket?
Hand sanitizer to help start fire or clean wounds?
Ballpoint pen or scissors as improvised weapon?
Packing tape for wound care or taping ankles?
My point is that there is a lot of good stuff in your GHB and lots of wasted redundant heavy stuff that can be improvised when you keep your eyes and mind focused on what is really needed.
Be inventive. Stay warm, Stay dry. Stay mobile. Stay safe. Get home.
"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

“I didn’t know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.”
– Frederick Douglass --