View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 5:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent_mpk View Post
Scootle, no modification is need to make the factory heat shield fit. I just put electrical tape around the barrel where the front tabs would contact the barrel, and pushed it slowly, but forcefully onto the barrel. I did take a little time to get out all of the tape once the heat shield was on due to how tight it was. It's important to slide the rear clamp onto the back of the barrel and line the heat shield up to where you want it before trying to push the front on. You don't want to slide the heat shield back and forth on the barrel once you get it on to avoid scratches. I again caution that factory heat shield did fit on my 590A1, but I may not fit on yours. As stated in post #23 in the thread, the heat shield did not fit on my friend's 590A1 even though it was the same model and we both bought the heat shield from the Mossberg site.

As far as the Surefire, like Wherryj, stated the new models with the streamlined LED modules do clear the bayonet lug without a problem.

I hope this helped.
I'm not sure that I said "without a problem". The two cell lights do clear, but I have not run a large number of rounds through the shotgun since putting on the forend. The few mms of clearance combined with sustained recoil might cause trouble, but I'm willing to risk that.

If you want to assure that there won't be a problem, the 300 series (single cell 123) clear by a big margin.