View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 8:43 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I took pics, but forgot my phone this morning. I'll try to post them, but I did notice that I posted one with the light clearing the bayonet lug. It does clear due to the lower profile bezel, but only by about a millimeter. Racking the slide aggressively doesn't cause contact between the lug and the bezel, but I haven't had a chance to get out and fire the weapon since the mod.

I'd also assume that it might take quite a bit of testing to assure that there isn't "incidental contact" that slowly mars the bezel.

The other option appears to be getting a 323 light conversion kit for any of the forends. The forends appear to be the same amongst models, only differing in the actual light assembly. They have the kits that convert any Mossberg Surefire forend to a 323LM or 623LM just by screwing in the new body.

Unfortunately they aren't on Surefire's sight, or any internet store, yet. But this may be the way that I go if the 623 is making contact during recoil. They appear to be about $80, so not a really expensive way to change the 623 to a 323.

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main....rch_id=2015000